Friday 6 March 2009

Strangers from a far off land

I woke up on sunday and flew to Narita to pick them up. We then flew to their hotel to get them checked in. I wanted to take them sightseeing but first we needed to get some food.

I decided Shibuya would be best. They were all crying about how hungry they are and how much they could eat. I took them to a steak place where they had a huge hamburger steak with pilaf rice.

Their moans of hunger soon turned into moans of being stuffed. The share mass of the steak had TKO’d them.

I decided to take them to heaven. They were not sure what I meant by “Heaven” but as soon as I took them to the gates they understood. Any man who has been to Shibuya would understand why that building is heaven.

After running wild in heaven for a while we went to play some arcades to get rest, and then walked to Harajuku.

The group split and 3 of us went to an izakaya called Hanbei. I love the place, it is cheap and has an old Japan feeling to it.

However, one of the waiters was a dick. He spoke to us rudely, used rude hand gestures and even ignored us a few times.

The worse thing he did was give us a plate of Yakitori we didn’t order. I suspected I didn’t order it but ate it anyway since I wanted my friends to experience it. Then, 1 hour later he tried to stealthy slide another plate of the same dish on to our table. I saw it and called him out on it. He didn’t even say sorry or anything or insist that we did order it, he just walked away. Dude was a scumbag, I really wanted to **** him up.

Since then I have met them at lunch time and taken them to a chicken place near my work.

Last night we went to MO MO paradise. It is a sukiyaki and syabusyabu buffet. We must have eaten nearly half of the meat in the shop. Each one of us had about 2-3 bowls of rice and 4-5 drinks.

I have a new nickname for one of my friends. I call him "The Arsenic". He dropped his plastic chopsticks into the fire and nearly set the shop on fire. Funnily enough the same guy dropped his chopsticks on the floor 4 times and the waitress had to keep brining him new ones..

So, it is my birthday tomorrow. Tonight we will eat some yakiniku and play some Wii and poker in my house. After that hit Ageha where there is a Notorious BIG album release party.

Saturday is a 20 man food fest at TGI Fridays followed by some more clubbing and drinking.

Sunday will be their last day here before returning to their far off land. Will probably end up going out with them to do some stuff.

So old man, will your body be able to withstand the next 3 days of madness?

3 Show some more love?

Thomas Hammerlund said...

Next time you are going into Tokyo from Narita, I suggest taking the Keisei Express train (1,000 yen about 55 min) and getting out in Ueno to find something.

Of course if people are weighed down with their luggage it wouldn't work.

danjamin said...

Heaven = 109. 109 = Heaven.

Happy Birthday rewdboi!

Prometheus said...

sixmats
@Of course if people are weighed down with their luggage it wouldn't work.


Hehe this was the main problem. Also there were 8 of them @_@...

8 People + luggage = big problems


danjamin

@Heaven = 109. 109 = Heaven.

As they say in Japanese "Sasuga dana" :p

and thanks for the bdway wishes.