Wednesday 18 March 2009

Linguistics

Do you ever do it? I do it sometimes. In fact I was doing it just the other day. Do you like music? I like music. You know, no music no life. I suppose I am first and foremost no PC no life, followed by no music no life.

So where was I going with this? I remember now. Do you ever just put on an album, go to a song you like, press the repeat button and listen to it like 100 times in a row?

I dunno maybe it is just weird little me that does it. But there is something weird about listening to the same thing over and over. It is like it does something to your brain. Like take the word “The”. Try and say it 20 times in a row and tell me if the word “The” still sounds like the word “The” or if it sounds completely different. Why is that? Any experts on the human language have an answer for me on this one?

But anyway forget about that gibberish. One more hour and work is officially finished for the day (although obviously I never actually leave at 5). Tomorrow is my Narita mission, followed by a much needed national holiday on Friday.

Work has been somewhat fun the past few days. I started a project using my own initiative and it started off pretty interesting. But after two days I am bored of it : (
Made me realize how fast time flies when you actually concentrate on real work…

But yeah I am pretty happy about my pending delivery. The stuff is slightly expensive, but THIS IS JAPAN. Nothing you can really do about it I guess. Thanks to Sixmats for telling me about this website:

The Flying Pig

It should come Sunday morning. All I need now is some good milk and I am in for a fun Sunday.

And I don’t think I ever thanked Brassfoot for making the banner for my blog. Thank you sir you have the skillz to pay the billz.


One last thing though. I needed some help with something. Anybody know any cool uncommon tourist attractions (in Tokyo), or really good specialty food places? Any help much appreciated.

Peace

4 Show some more love?

Thomas Hammerlund said...

I'm glad you found that useful. I made an order last week and got my tortillas today.

Anonymous said...

For slightly uncommon in Tokyo, try The Lockup, a prison-themed izakaya.

Prometheus said...

@sixmats

I got my stuff on sunday. The box of oatmeal is bigger than anything I have seen in my life. 100+ servings.

@billywest

Thanks I just looked it up. Seems like a cool concept. Will try swing by if we have time.

Anonymous said...

I should say that, even though The Lockup seems pretty campy (craptastic is a good word for it), the food is pretty decent. I'd say a group of 4 or more is best, though.