Monday 16 March 2009

March

Living on little sleep makes time go faster. Well at least it seems so. Cause there is no way in the world it should be Monday morning already. But I guess getting only 1 hour sleep on Saturday night can do that to you.

This month has been crazy. Feels like I am 18 and in London again. I have hit the town and gone clubbing every week so far this month. And with the arrival of my sis on Thursday I foresee more clubbing coming the next two weekends.

This truly is March madness.

But wait. I can see something. I am having another vision.

I foresee that at the end of the month I will have more pockets with holes than a snooker table. This is due to the fact that I have been running through money like it is growing from a tree in my backyard.

But what can I say, I am having fun.

However, as they say, with a high there comes a low. I am experiencing the low now. I am sitting here at my desk staring at a familiar wall. It is the wall I spend most of my life looking at. It is the one behind my PC monitor at work. It is grayish, brown with a hint of cream. Or maybe it is just dirty? I can’t really tell.

I have started to think seriously about the short term future. First of all even though there are no jobs I am kind of happy that I have a skill set which allows me to work in multiple industries. The finance industry is in hell and it seems like things are only going to get worse. Well done me for picking the worse time in history to start working for a finance company.

The main thing on my mind though is the declaration of phase 3 at my company. What would you do? IT will probably be last to get chopped since nothing can run without us. And I have sunk my teeth into a project that is of high value so I am probably seen as somewhat valuable.

So even though I will probably be first IT member to get chopped (I am the newest) I think as things stand I will survive to the latter stages.

I am really lazy by nature. However, at crunch time I take care of things (pretty well in fact). I believe that is it crunch time now at work. However, something about wasted effort doesn’t sit well with me. Putting in 100%+ from now on only to get chopped in 6 months time is a lame prospect. Might as well just coast for 6 months and see what happens.

I guess this is the epitome of having 0 control of your life huh?

I am going to have to play this one by ear.

2 Show some more love?

Anonymous said...

oh wow that will be nice that your sister is coming. I hear though i ran through my money quite fast...

Prometheus said...

Yeah. gonna be my 2nd narita run this month yo.

You gonna come out this weekend or next :P ?