Friday 27 February 2009

Crutch

Where would I be without you? What would I do without you?
You give me the strength to keep on going. Without you I would be hopeless…

I can't deny it. I would be lying if I said that there were not a few nights where I laid in bed thinking that you are the only thing I had to live for.

How did it come to this? I have let you become my life crutch. Most of my life is spent waiting for you to come. When you come I am happy and when you go I am back to sad.

I need to find a replacement. I need to replace you. You have been good to me, but I guess you are just not enough. You are way too short. You are only two days. Only a mere 48 hours. But that is not even an accurate representation. When you take away sleep time you are much, much less.

I hate sleep. We waste too much of our lives sleeping. It would be cool if the clock stopped while we slept, or if we only needed 1 hour of sleep to tie us over.

I really hope they invent it someday. I would prefer it to be sooner rather than later though. Would be pretty pointless once I am in my 50s or 60s. I need it now while I am still young.

Although I guess I am not really young anymore. I am at best relatively young. I am at a stage in my life where if I don’t stay on top of things, I might wake up tomorrow 50, broke, lonely, singing “No woman, No cry” on a rocking chair on my front lawn.

But it would still be really cool if they could invent it. You know, a sleep replacement pill. Instead of going to sleep at night you would take the pill and it would be the equivalent to one night of sleep. Pretty awesome idea huh? Get back from work at 6-7 and still have 12 hours left to do your own thing before having to resume the rat race.

But I doubt they would make something like that. Probably not in their best interests. Just like it is not in their interests to cure aids or any other serious diseases.

It is Friday again. It is about 13:03 now. Just a little bit more to go. A few more hours and we will be together again. In a couple more hours it will be the weekend again.

Leave First Comment