Thursday 2 April 2009

It's April yo

Got off the train and decided to go grab a beef bowl. The second I stepped out of the shop it started raining cats and dogs. Worst storm I have seen in a while. And of course I had no umbrella and was a good 10 minute walk from home. I contemplated stealing an umbrella from the nearest Konbini, but I refrained from doing so. There are enough umbrella thieves in this country as it is. I need to be part of the solution, not the problem…

The loud thunder was really scary. I had my curtains drawn and saw explosions of lighting in the sky that left me blinded for seconds. I was wondering if my TV would short circuit, or even worse if the earth was going to blow up eradicating all of mankind…

Despite the storm, I woke up today feeling great. I am not sure whether it is due to me actually getting some sleep this week, or from eating oatmeal every morning for breakfast. But at any rate, the feeling of walking under water is slowly subduing everyday that goes by.

Think I will make an effort to hit the gym this weekend. I busted my ankle in November and haven’t been since. However, they have still been taking like 10,000 out of my account every month LOL… How to hemorrhage money 101, starring Prometheus…

Apart from that not much to report. I looked at the calendar today and realized I got 4/ 1/2 weeks to go till payday… I think for my sanity I better just rip down all calendars that I come into contact with on a daily basis.

But on a happier note I finally downloaded Quantum of Solace in high definition last night. I woke up at around 4:30am today and was going to watch it but decided against it at the last moment. I guess that will give me something to do tonight. I have heard mixed reviews about the film. IT BETTER BE GOOD!!!!

But before viewing I am gonna have to do a little shopping when I get home. Me and my good old pal spaghetti are going to have to get reacquainted.. @_@

I have found myself a nice juicy project to sink my teeth into. Hopefully if things work out, there will be some big changes to this blog.

Until then!

4 Show some more love?

Thomas Hammerlund said...

I think you're lucky. In 4.5 years in Tokyo, I saw a thunderstorm maybe once.

Prometheus said...

Yes, I noticed that also. Only ever a few storms, but when they come they are pretty fierce!

billywest said...

Some good thunderstorms last year. Watched one over the Nishi-Shinjuku skyline from near Bic Camera last May. A few days ago, there was a good video of lightning striking the Docomo clock tower in Shinjuku.

Good thing you're eating oatmeal every day to help blow that beef bowl out ;)

Updated your links at JapanBlogger and my other sites.

Cheers!

Prometheus said...

If you have any pics of thunderstorms I would love to see them :)